Thursday, November 4, 2021

PLUTZENDIKER REGN/SUDDEN RAIN

 


I am very much enjoying Sudden Rain/Plutsendiker Regn:Lider/ Sudden Rain:Yiddish Poems by Gitl Schaechter-Viswanath with English translations by Jeffrey Shandler and Zackary Berger.  

Tel Aviv: Israel Book Publishing House, 2003.

At one level, it is easy to read because the lines are short and the language is not too complicated.  

But at another level, each line has a depth that has me stopping to reflect on my own life before moving on.  

Find this very thoughtful and beautiful bi-lingual book at:  https://leagueforyiddish.org/sladira.html

Available at League for Yiddish and at Amazon as well.

                                              ###

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this Blog

  If you are reading this blog please know that it is for my own use - mostly to be able to find songs that I like, and not for any commerci...