Wednesday, August 21, 2024

An Explanation

I had intended this blog as a place to keep some Yiddish songs and poetry. But I was quickly consumed by Avrahan Sutzkever's poem Unter Dayne Vayse Shtern. (Under your white stars), which had been set to music by Avrom Brudno. There were a few English translations and interpretations I wanted to keep. And I also wanted to have this both in Yiddish letters and in Latin letters. Hence the repetitive nature of this blog. I may sort this out and consolidate things later. Or I may not. In any event, if you come upon this, please derive benefit from what is here. With thanks! ###

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this Blog

  If you are reading this blog please know that it is for my own use - mostly to be able to find songs that I like, and not for any commerci...