Wednesday, September 27, 2023

VERY ROUGH TRANSLATION OF THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND

VERY ROUGH ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF YIDDISH THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND I wandered in a free land, Away from the desert and Egypt, Seeking a new Jerusalem, This is a land for me and you! CHORUS: This land is your land, This land is my land, From California, to Ellis Island, From the great forests, To the wide seas, This is a land for me and you. I went over the mountains and hills, Ringed with sweet colors, The branches murmur, the birds sing, This is a land for me and you! I see a great wall, with sign that warns: If people come in, they shouldn’t. But on either side, there stood nothing, This is a land for me and you. I went wandering, the sun above, Wind blowing dust, Through all of this I heard singing, This is a land for me and you. On the wet streets, in deep shadows, I saw people begging for small gifts, Because of this poverty I asked myself, If this is a land for me and you. No one can disturb us, There way is for us. Nothing can disturb us This is a land for me and you. ###

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this Blog

  If you are reading this blog please know that it is for my own use - mostly to be able to find songs that I like, and not for any commerci...