Tuesday, August 31, 2021

YIDDISH STUDES TODAY FROM DUSSELDORF

Always on the lookout for bilingual Yiddish books -- these help me learn -- I happened on a link to a book of poems but Avrom Sutzkever, one of my favorites, with facing pages in Yiddish and English, published by the Dusseldorf University Press (DUP).

DUP publishes a website called Yiddish Studies Today at:

https://docserv.uni-duesseldorf.de/servlets/DerivateServlet/Derivate-23711/27_Leket_Beider_Eastern_Yiddish_Toponyms_of_German_Origin_A.pdf

In English, it appears to be part of a larger work, as its pages are 437-466, and includes a long bibliography.  The section here is entitled Eastern Yiddish Toponyms of German Origin by Alexander Beider. 


I don't know if this Institute publishes other bilingual books, but if they do I want to find them!  The print is a little small for me but I appreciate the content. 

                                                 ###                                                            

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this Blog

  If you are reading this blog please know that it is for my own use - mostly to be able to find songs that I like, and not for any commerci...